Gaming 101

13 November 2012

I'm quite the professional when it comes to collecting shelfware: software (in my case, video games) that only get played for the first three hours then left on the shelf to gather dust.

Right now, I have 25 Xbox titles, only four of which I have been able to finish till the end: Splinter Cell: Conviction, Halo: Reach, and the Left 4 Dead duo.

Yeah, I really couldn't play this character much.
Saying that I'm a casual gamer would be the understatement of the century. Don't get me wrong, I got all giddy and hopped all over the place when Halo 4 was released, I drooled over the gameplay of Final Fantasy XIII, but I couldn't seem to get myself to finish an entire game within a week, which is the norm... I think.

Talk about taking slacking off to a whole new level. If there's a game I always play, it would be the multiplayer games of Left 4 Dead 2, mainly because it always changes with the dumbness level of your coplayers, and because you get to shoot things that don't shoot back.

Now I'm in the penultimate mission for Halo 4, and I'm having a rough time with it. This is usually the time when I put it in the shelf to gather dust. But then again, it's fucking Halo 4, the first in the Reclaimer trilogy. I should at least finish it on Normal difficulty.

So when my buddies ask me what video game I like best, I typically reply with nothing, and when asked which one I'm good at, I reply, "Uhm... Spy? At uhm... Team Fortress 2?" Yeah, because the Spy's only job in the whole game is to hide until he can backstab someone.

Frex, I suck at video games. Hopefully it would come off with more practice.

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment