YouTube Surfing: Puccini's opera thing

17 August 2014

I came across two videos of singing auditions: one of a husky, muscular black guy and a small 9 year old from Holland. They were singing the same song. Here's the tube review.

So I was bored on a Sunday afternoon, not really wanting to do anything, so I did what most people do when they don't want to do anything: click video after video on YouTube and get 10 minutes of funny. That's how I got to these videos. If you're like me, you'd do what I do to this first one: skip the sob story and get to the part where he actually shows his talent. It's at 1:07.


Then at the side, I found an entirely different person singing the same song.


Like shit. Here's the lyrics. It's Giacomo Puccini's O Mia Babbino Caro, a song about how someone loves her dad so much she'd jump off a river for him. 
O mio babbino caro,
mi piace è bello, bello;
vo'andare in Porta Rossa
a comperar l'anello!
Sì, sì, ci voglio andare!
e se l'amassi indarno,
andrei sul Ponte Vecchio,
ma per buttarmi in Arno!
Mi struggo e mi tormento!
O Dio, vorrei morir!

No comments:

Post a Comment